As many seniors are preparing their college essay please be sure to use your English teacher as a resource through the process. The Guidance Department is also here for ideas and advice throughout the process. The following are some ideas when writing your essay:
• Respond to the question asked!
• Be specific!
• Pick subjects that highlight your personality.
• Be yourself!
• Write about a familiar idea or subject!
• Admissions officers look for “passion” when reading essays
• Avoid the ‘laundry list’ of accomplishments!
• Have your English teacher read your essay
Please click here for some tips from actual admissions reps on, “What should students never write in their essay”.