Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gearing Up for College


Host: Dr. Mark Montgomery
Date: October 18th
Time: 6:30PM– 8:00PM
Location: Burlington (MA) High School Auditorium
Who should attend: Parents and student in grades 8, 9, 10 or 11

If a college education is a critical credential for success in the 21st century, how can I be sure that I’m ready for the challenge?
How should I get prepared?
How can I get into the best college—and make the most out of it?
Much of what we read about college admissions these days sows fear in the hearts and minds of both students and parents.  College admission seems more competitive, more stressful, more expensive, and more unpredictable than ever before. 
Questions swirl:

How will I pick the right college for me?
What is the secret to admission to highly selective colleges?
What if my SAT or ACT scores are lower than I want them to be?
What if I got a C in chemistry…am I doomed?
My GPA suffered freshman year (I was temporarily possessed by aliens); can I still get into Harvard?
Which activities should I pursue to stand out from the crowd?
Why do smart people attend community college?
Will I ever be able to afford to go to college, even if I can get in?
With only 24 hours in a day, how can I be a high school superstar?

This presentation will answer all these questions…and more. 
Looking at college through the lens of the admissions process, Mark Montgomery will share insights about how to prepare for college
Academically
Financially
Emotionally
Strategically

The goal is to help you focus more on the fundamental issues of happiness, success, and prosperity, and less on the things that makes this process one of the craziest, scariest, and most out-of-control aspects of American education. 
Come regain some control.  Come learn how you can Gear Up For College.
This presentation is aimed at students in 8th through 11th grade.  But those with a bad case of senioritis also are welcome to attend, as are younger students (and their parents) who want to get ahead of the curve.
Mark Montgomery, Ph.D., is an independent college consultant serving a national and international clientele from offices in Denver, Colorado, Westfield, New Jersey, and Hong Kong, China.  A former college administrator, admissions officer, professor of international relations, and high school teacher of French, he brings a wealth of educational experience and perspective to the process of college selection and admission.  He speaks to audiences around the world about how to choose the right colleges—and get in. 
For more information about Dr. Montgomery, please visit GreatCollegeAdvice.com.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment