Monday, June 5, 2017
Financial Aid Workshop
Many families focus on the college search, selection and admission process. We believe that figuring out how to pay for college is also an important part of this process. The BHS Guidance Department will sponsor a Financial Aid Workshop hosted College Funding Services on:
Thursday June 8th at 6:30 in the BHS Auditorium.
This seminar will provide information on:
(1) Overview of the entire financial aid process
(2) What you can do to minimize your family contribution, and maximize your eligibility for need-based financial aid
(3) Why you should apply even if you WILL NOT qualify for need-based aid
(4) Fin Aid deadlines i.e. FAFSA/CSS profile
(5) How to value different assets – Home, 529’s, retirement, etc.
(6) Which colleges give the most money
(7) How to leverage colleges against one another
(8) How to appeal your financial aid package
(9) Pros and Cons of different borrowing options