Spring College Fair!
This event will be held in the TOZ (Red) Gym on
Fair. Many of the college representatives who attend the fair are the same as those
who make the admissions decisions for our geographic area. This is a great opportunity
to meet the representatives and/or alumni face-to-face, to ask questions about a
particular college major, and to inquire about general admissions requirements.The
College Fair is free and open to all students, their parents,and any staff or community
members who would like to attend. Junior year students are strongly encouraged to
attend. All neighboring high schools are welcome to invite their students and parents to
attend the fair as well. Please note the attached ‘Guide to Making the Most of your
College Fair Experience’,which is meant to be used as an aid when speaking with the
various college representatives. A comprehensive list of colleges that will be
represented at the fair is also attached, although colleges continue to register
the representatives and alumni from colleges and universities throughout the country
without actually leaving your home state. There will not be enough time to visit with
every college and university at the fair, so we have listed some suggestions on how
to use your time most effectively.
- Do you want to attend a two or four year institution? Co-ed or single-gender?
- What size school do you want to attend?
- Which programs of study are you considering?
- How far from home are you willing to travel?
- Do you wish to participate in any specific extracurricular activities or athletics?
- Do you want to attend a school located in an urban, suburban, or rural environment?
- Do you require any special services (i.e., tutoring, note taker, readers, interpreters)?
- Discuss your college plans with your guidance counselor, family, teachers, and friends.
- Research your colleges of interest on Naviance via the Internet in the guidance office, media center, computer lab or your home.
- Check dates and registration deadlines for college entrance examinations.
- Create labels or profile cards with your name, address, email, and phone number, name of high school, year of graduation and your area of interest. This will help avoid time spent on filling out Information Cards on College Fair night.
- Bring a pen or pencil and a notebook to jot down notes about the conversations with individual college representatives, and pick up the cards of college representatives for future reference. It is helpful to have a specific name when requesting information or and interview!
- Pick up a bag and fair directory.
- Visit with colleges and universities that meet your criteria.
- Talk with a representative at the Information Table if you have any questions or need help with your college searc
about their major?
counseling, study skills workshops)?
be sent at a later date.)
COLLEGES ATTENDING THE ARLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL SPRING COLLEGE FAIR
APRIL 9, 2018
BAY PATH UNIVERSITY
BRIDGEWATER STATE UNIVERSITY
BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
CAPE COD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA
CLAREMONT MCKENNA COLLEGE
COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
COLBY SAWYER COLLEGE
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON
FRAMINGHAM STATE UNIVERSITY
FRANKLIN PIERCE UNIVERSITY
HOBART AND WILLIAM SMITH COLLEGES
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
MASSACHUSETTS MARITIME ACADEMY
MASS BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
MOUNT IDA COLLEGE
NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL OF PHOTOGRAPHY
NORTHERN VERMONT UNIVERSITY
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
PLYMOUTH STATE UNIVERSITY
RHODE ISLAND COLLEGE
ROXBURY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY
SAINT JOSEPH’S UNIVERSITY
SALEM STATE UNIVERSITY
SALVE REGINA UNIVERSITY
SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN
ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY
ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY
TRINITY COLLEGE DUBLIN
UNITED STATE COAST GUARD ACADEMY
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AUGUSTA
UNIVERSITY OF M AINE FARMINGTON
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE ORONO
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS LOWELL
UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
UNIVERSITY OF SAINT JOSEPH
UNIVERSITY OF SCRANTON
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE
UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA
WESTERN NEW ENGLAND UNIVERSITY
WESTFIELD STATE UNIVERSITY
WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (WPI)
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY